The indigenous town of Otavalo is famous across South America for its handicraft market and colourful inhabitants, but the area also offers far more.
Otavalo, a small town 2 hours north of Quito, has the biggest Indian handicraft market in South America. But it is not only famous for its typical handicraft, wood, weaving and souvenir markets; but as well as for its landscape. Beautiful lakes, Indian villages, high peaks and natural reserves surround the Otavalo area.
- 6:30 am depart Quito
- 8:30 am Animal Market of Otavalo
- 10:15 am Plazas de Ponchos of Otavalo approx. 2hrs.
- 12:30 am Cotocachi Leather Market with a stop for lunch at typical Ecuadorian Restaurant
- 2.00 pm Peguche Waterfalls or Cuicocha lake (only one depending on numbers)
- 2:30 pm return to Quito
- 6.00 pm back in Quito
- Private Transport with Spanish Speaking Driver
- Visits as mentioned
What’s Not Included:
- Bilingual Guide
What to Bring:
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Extra snacks and water
- Sun glasses
- Sun block
NOTE: Since Saturday is by far the biggest market day, we definitely recommend you to do that tour on this day 🙂
- Price : $30 per person minimum 4 people, this price is based on shared groups
- If you would like a tour with a Bilingual Licensed Guide the price is $50 per person with minimum 4 people
minimum 4 people, tour with a Bilingual Licensed Guide