The Isabela is a luxury yacht that will make your cruise unforgettable. The 40 passenger yacht includes everything and anything a guest might need. Social areas are designed to perfection with an available Jacuzzi, fitness room, a welcoming bar, and a library with excellent reading materials and videos on the nature and history of the Galapagos. Furthermore, guests can enjoy the observation and sun deck for prime whale watching or enjoy the lounge area outside to sunbathe. The Isabela also features a glass bottom, a perfect view the ocean life below the surface. Snorkeling and equipment needed is provided by the yacht as well as kayaks in order to venture out on the water solo or with a partner.
There are three types of cabins available on the Isabela. Guests can choose from either classic or standards cabins, or book the Master Cabin for an even more luxurious stay. All cabins include air conditioning and private bathrooms and provide great views of the Galapagos Islands.[/mp_text] [/mp_span] [/mp_row]
- Construction: 1979
- Reconstruction: Pensacola, Florida, 1988
- Refurbishment: Panama, March 2000
- Category: Deluxe Gross
- Tonnage: 1.025 tons.
- Type of Vessel: Motor Yacht
- Capacity: 40 guests
- Length: 53.72 meters (166 feet)
- Beam: 11.58 meters (38 feet)
- Speed: 10 knots
- Electricity: 110 Volts 60 Hz.
- Engines: 2 GM Detroit Diesel 900 BHP each
- Navigation Equipment: Gyrocompass, Automatic Pilot, radar, and GPS Safety Certificates: SOLAS 74 – ISM
- Fire Detector: Automatic with control from the bridge.
- Life Jackets: In each cabin
- Lifeboats: 2 units semi enclosed
- Landing Craft: 3 Zodiacs + glass bottom boat
- Owner: ETICA / Metropolitan Touring Decks: 3 (Sun deck, Cabin deck, Main deck)
- Crew: 24
- Naturalist: 3
- Medical Officer: Permanently on board
Bar – Lounge, Boutique Gift Shop Radio, telephone, E-mail, and Fax communications PA System Snorkeling Equipment Multimedia natural history lectures Stargazing Program Digital camera and underwater housing Glass bottom boat Jacuzzi Reading Room & Natural History Library Air conditioned throughout.