Trek and bike some of Ecuador´s most popular routes in the Andes.
Start the tour driving through the avenue of volcanoes, destination, Ecuador´highest active volcano and the worlds second highest active volcano in the world, Cotopaxi is a highlight of the region with it perfect snow capped cone and flora and fauna. From here we will continue the tour to Baños where we will continue the adventure with more biking, hiking and great views. Our final day we will visit the awe inspiring Quilotoa one of Ecuadors most scenic lakes!!
Prepare to hike, bike and smile. Trekking for all ages but biking must be experienced or confident with downhill biking.
- 06:30 Meet at meeting point for breakfast, CarpeDM Office (Antepara and Los Ríos, Old Town sector)
- 07:00 Transfer to the Cotopaxi National Park
- 09:30 Enter Cotopaxi National Park
- 10:00 The guide will give explanation of the area, volcanoes, vegetation, animals etc.
- 10:30 4600m car park, begin hike up to the refuge
- 12:30 Reach refuge at 4.864m. return to parking lot
- 13:00 Equipment Check – Begin Bike ride back to the Limpiapungo lake
- 14:00 Arrive at Limpiapungo lake.
- 15:00 Eat lunch
- 15:30 Transfer to Baños
- Arrive in Baños at 6pm
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 9 am bike down Beautiful Mountain roads past water falls, cloud forest and Crevasses
- 11:00 Hike to see the famous Pailon del Diablo Waterfall
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Drive to the casa del arbul
- 15:00 Enjoy the famous end of the world swing in Baños
- 16:00 Return to Accommodation
- 16:30 Rest
- 06:30 – Meet at for breakfast
- 09:30 – Explore Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday)
- 10:30 – Depart for Laguna Quilotoa
- 13:30 – Lunch, begin descent into Laguna
- 15:00 – Explore Laguna- optional kayaking
- 15:30 – Return ascent to crater
- 16:30 – Begin drive back
- 19:00 – Arrive in Quito
- Breakfast – Lunch
- Mountain Bike with Helmut, Kneepads, Elbowpads * This is an optional activity of approximately 30 minutes. Should be experienced / confident rider.
- Entrance to Pailon del Diablo
- Entrance to Casa del arbul
What’s Not Included:
- Additional Snacks / Beverages
What to bring:
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Gloves, scarf, hat
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Extra snacks and water
- $230 per person with minimum 4 people – shared tour based on shared rooms and dependent on availability of Hotel.