Cotopaxi National Park is home to Ecuador’s most captivatingly photogenic volcano. Towering at 5897 meters the giant Cotopaxi peak boasts a perfectly symmetrical snow-capped cone,Tour Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Cotopaxi National Park is home to Ecuador’s most captivatingly photogenic volcano. Towering at 5897 meters the giant Cotopaxi peak boasts a perfectly symmetrical snow-capped cone, and picturesque surrounding parkland.
- Travel through the amazing landscape of the Avenue of the Volcanoes towards Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Hike on the second highest peak in Ecuador and one of the world’s highest active volcanoes.
- Enjoy a stunning scenery, crisp mountain air at Cotopaxi National Park at a short drive from Quito.
- Step into the Paramo biodiversity at Limpiopungo Lagoon, climb up to the glaciers (depends on weather conditions).
- Enjoy an optional horseback ride or biking adventure on the ladders of Cotopaxi Volcano.
We will drive you to the Cotopaxi National Park. Get ready for hike up the 5,897 meters (19,347 feet) tall volcano Cotopaxi. This makes the Cotopaxi one of the highest active volcanoes in the world! You can hike up to 5000 meters (16,404 feet) to a spectacular glacier. The Andean landscape in Ecuador will be even more spectacular when exploring it by bike! After the bike ride, we will visit Limpiopungo Lagoon and learn the reason why Cotopaxi means Moon’s Throne. This is mainly a hiking tour trip combined with an optional downhill biking.
1 DAY TOUR
07:30 Meet at Secret Garden hostal/Carpedm Offices
09:30 Enter Cotopaxi National Park
10:00 The guide will give explanation of the area, volcanoes, vegetation, animals etc.
10:00 Arrive at Carpark 4500 meters above sea level and hike to refuge 4864meters later Arrive at Glacier at 5000 m
12:15 Returned to Carpark
12:25 Equipment Check - Start Bike ride
13:30 Finish biking
14:00 Drive to the restaurant for Lunch
15:00 Eat lunch
16:00 Return to Quito
- Bilingual guide Spanish / English.
- Tourist transport.
- Bike and helmet
- Permits to enter protected areas
- Extra food and drinks.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found