About CarpeDM Adventures
Re-evaluating & creating sustainable approach to travel is what we are trying to do with CarpeDM Adventures. Building the social consciousness of the traveller one tour at a time. In 2014, we will implement the 3% model. 3% of our profits will go to local community projects. 3% of our employees time will be dedicated to volunteer personal projects. 3% of our programs will directly impact local communities.
|Categories:||Ecuador Tour Operator, travel-agency-historical-quito|
Seize the Day: Carpe diem is a phrase from a Latin poem by Horace (Odes 1.11). It is popularly translated as “seize the day.” An interpretation of the phrase might be as an existential cautionary term, much like “eat, drink, travel, and be merry, for tomorrow we die” with emphasis on making the most of current opportunities because life is short and time is fleeting.
Carpe diem has been modified to CarpeDM to reflect an evolution in meaning that not only encompasses the idea of “seizing the day” but of also adding the element of “Doing More ” (hence DM) in terms of giving back to the local community in which we operate. Travel is great way to provide unique life changing experiences, while levelling the playing field for wealth distribution.
VISION – CARPEDM ADVENTURES
We are dedicated to enhancing the lives of the local community by creating authentic experiences for world travellers.
MISSION – CARPEDM ADVENTURES
To create meaningful travel experiences, while enriching the lives of the local community. Through the – 3.3.3 model, 3% profits to local community. 3% of employee time to volunteer projects. 3% towards environmental initiatives.
CORE VALUES – CARPEDM ADVENTURES
- C – Changing lives through authentic experiences & wealth distribution.
- A – Aiming high, being accountable, expecting the best of ourselves, community and our travellers.
- R – Re-directing, transforming, and transferring negative situations into possibility
- P – Protecting & respecting destinations for future generations.
- E – Exploring, Inspiring and teaching people why “Sustainability matters”
- D – Doing the best possible for our community, clients and our personal.
- M – More opportunities to grow and promote sustainability
Take the Travel Better pledge to join the movement and voice your commitment to responsible tourism:
I pledge to “Travel Better” by making a conscious effort to:
- LIGHTEN the footprint of my travels
- CONSERVE the wild places I explore
- SUPPORT the people and communities I visit
- RESPECT the wildlife I see
- CELEBRATE cultures authentically and respectfully
- ADVOCATE for sustainable tourism